The state of the Samsung Galaxy Fan Edition has been up in the air for a while now. Is a new phone named Galaxy S23 FE launching in July? Or is it Samsung Galaxy S21 FE coming out next month? The rumours suggest both and see for yourself if it clears up things or confuses you even more.
Samsung Galaxy S23 FE purported details
Samsung Galaxy S23 FE is rumoured to bring a 6.4-inch AMOLED display, an Exynos 2200 SoC, 6/8GB RAM, 128GB/256GB storage, and a 4500mAh battery with 25W fast charging, and a design akin to the Galaxy A54.
Today, a Samsung phone (with model number SM-S7110) believed to be Samsung Galaxy S23 FE has been spotted on the Chinese smartphone certification site, 3C. This raises our confidence about earlier rumours that the phone will launch soon, probably in July 2023.
The reason for our scepticism is that the rumours of new Fan Edition phones in the last few years have been a miss.
Here’s a timeline of these rumours so far:
1. Samsung Galaxy S21 FE debuted in January 2022. A few months later in April, we started hearing about the Galaxy S22 FE. The early rumours claimed the phone could ship with a MediaTek SoC, making them the first flagship-grade Samsung phones to have this brand of chips. But, within a few this rumour was squashed by a trusted tipster.
Also Read: Samsung Galaxy M34 teased: Will it offer something more than a Galaxy S23-like design?
2. In June of that year, we heard the Galaxy S22 FE has been cancelled and there will be no Fan Edition phones in the future too. At first, the reason given was that the chips had to be reallocated to the top-end Galaxy S22 Ultra’s production.
3. But the rumours of the Galaxy S22 FE resurged in December 2022. This time, it was being said that the phone would be coming alongside the Galaxy S23 series at the first Unpacked event of the upcoming year. Didn’t happen.
4. Now by February 2023, it was time for the Galaxy S23 FE rumours, which suggested the phone will see daylight in the second half of this year. Some of the aforementioned specs also started becoming part of the conversation soon.
5. The launch timeline also reportedly got pushed to the third quarter, which starts in July.
6. Before it got the 3C certification, the Samsung handset codenamed SM-S711 also got the South Korean certification for its battery this month, ie., a couple of weeks back.
7. Earlier this day, we came across a Galaxy S21 FE relaunch with supposedly a processor refresh.
Also Read: Samsung Galaxy S21 FE with Snapdragon 888 for ₹40,000 could be a big ask
Based on the rumoured specs at least, we find the Galaxy S23 FE more interesting. But, since they are rumours, we urge you to take them with a pinch of salt.