Game Reviews

The Game Awards and Fortnite Collaborate for Best User-Created Island Award

Today Epic Games and The Game Awards announced that the popular award show will host a best user-created Fortnite Island award.

Fans are invited to visit a dedicated island developed by Studio 568 and Nighttimes and portal to 10 nominated islands to pick their favorite. 

The project also includes a minigame that lets you explore the island and do some puzzle platforming to collect Game Awards trophies for an XP boost in the game. 

The Fortnite Island for The Game Awards in the game's UI

As you can see above, the island is already available now, so you can go check it out in Fortnite if you have time.

You can also watch a trailer below, with The Game Award host Geoff Keighley portrayed as a stylized Fortnite character.

This comes hot on the heels of the announcement of the nominees for The Game Awards, which was shared yesterday. You can find the whole list in our dedicated article.

At the moment, we don’t know whether the user vote for the best Fortnite island will fully determine the result, or counts for only 10% of it, with a media and influencer jury determining the remaining 90% like the bulk of the awards at the show.

This information was not shared with the announcement and we’ll update this article if more details are mentioned. 

The Game Awards 2023 airs from the Peacock Theater in Los Angeles on December 7. The opening act will start at 4:30 p.m. PST, 7:30 p.m. EST, 00:30 a.m. GMT on December 8, and 1:30 a.m. CET.

The current nominees for Game of the Year are Baldur’s Gate 3, Resident Evil 4, Super Mario Bros. Wonder, The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom, Alan Wake 2, and Marvel’s Spider-Man 2.

In the meanwhile, Fortnite has temporarily gone back to the original island, achieving record player engagement in the process. 

Source link

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button
Translate »